A fully-integrated national multifamily investment, development, and property management company is looking for an Accounts Payable Specialist in its Phoenix regional office. The Company offers competitive pay and benefits as well as opportunity for advancement. EOE.
Job Summary: Verifies and processes invoices and purchase orders for payment and assists in other accounting and financial transactions as necessary.
- Receives, verifies, and processes invoices, purchase orders, and other bills to be paid by researching discrepancies and duplicates with vendor(s), balancing ledger accounts, and issuing checks as needed.
- Performs reconciliations and prepares reports as necessary to enable managers and others to track expenditures against budget and manage costs.
- Assists in setting up new vendors, contractors, and other service providers for payment, contacts vendors and others as needed to research and resolve invoice and payment disputes and issue payments.
- Maintains files and records in an orderly manner, opens and sorts incoming mail, and ensures that outgoing payments are mailed in a timely manner according to invoice terms.
- Completes various financial, accounting, administrative, and other reports and analysis, and performs other duties as assigned or as necessary.
- Follows established policies and procedures by monitoring and ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements, organizational standards, and operational processes related to area(s) of responsibility and reporting violations or infractions to appropriate individual(s).
- Practices proper safety techniques in accordance with Company, property, and departmental policies, procedures, and standards by immediately reporting any mechanical or electrical equipment malfunctions, employee/visitor/resident injuries or accidents, or other safety issues to appropriate individual(s).
- Identifies areas for improvement and offers suggestions to improve efficiency and productivity.
- Keeps abreast of current changes in technology, processes, and standards within the industry and area(s) of responsibility by attending internal and external training classes, research and/or subscribing to the internet or other professional publications, or utilizing other appropriate method(s) to obtain business and professional information, and applies knowledge and practices to area(s) of responsibility.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to read, write, and communicate effectively to reconcile and process invoices and payments.
- Demonstrated proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet, and database management programs in order to complete required reports.
- Demonstrated mathematical skills necessary to add, subtract, multiply, and divide numbers, decimals, and fractions, and calculate percents in order to validate and calculate payment information.
- Ability to use office machines, including a calculator, copier, fax, scanner, and postage meter.